[r-t] Reply to Richard Smith - 26th June - Msg 1

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Wed Jun 28 08:36:07 UTC 2006

Yes, that's it exactly Richard.

I remember ringing a quarter of Original on an extremely cold day in February 1981 called by Roger N Scholes. We were interested to note that the extent was single-free. Roger later explained how it was done, but it was not until Richard Allton wrote to the comic in October 1992 asking about single-free extents of PB7 that I thought anything more of it.

It turns out that the extent of minor which we rang was obtained, by the method Richard Smith gives, from a peal by Henry Hubbard viz:

W  M  H
In -  3
   -  3
- Out 3