[r-t] St Hugh Bob

Julian Parker juliancparker at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 28 11:41:44 UTC 2006

Many years ago I remember ringing a Doubles variation
called "London" which was a Grandsire plain lead with
a Grandsire bob and a "London" extreme. I found
recently that the extreme also constitutes a plain
lead of St Hugh Bob Doubles (3.1.5.1.5.1.5.1.5.123.)
and I wondered how you can call an extent. As it is
assymetrical I suspect not, in which case how do you
call a 240 or a 360?

Following on from this I looked at the extension to
Triples (3.1.7.1.7.1.7.1.7.1.7.1.7.123.) and wondered
what possibilities it has for quarters and peals. What
I like about it is that the whole coursing order is
preserved from lead to lead, unlike Grandsire.

Julian Parker