[r-t] Classification question

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Sun Apr 1 02:45:08 UTC 2007

On 3/31/07, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:
> Don writes,
>
> > I've been scratching my head trying to understand exactly how to interpret
> > an obscure corner of the CCCBR Decisions taxonomy of methods
>
> Did you get a reply from Tony?

I'm sorry. Yes, I did, and I should have forwarded it here. Here's
what Tony wrote:

Hi Don, Thank you for your enquiry.

Decision (E) C.2 means that where Decision (E) B. refers to the hunt bell
all the principle hunt bells are taken into account. So where Decision (E)
B.1 (d) says a cross section is a change at which the hunt bell passes from
one dodging position to another, it means in this case that a cross section
is a change at which any of the principle hunt bell pass from one dodging
position to another.

In your example the 1 and 2 define no cross sections and the 3 defines a
cross section where it passes from 3-4 to 5-6. There are internal places
made at this, the only, cross section and so, in accordance with Decision
(E) B.2 (d), the method is classified as Surprise.

--
Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org>, <dfm2 at cmu.edu>
"Never make acquaintances in coffee houses or other public places."