[r-t] 5088 Uxbridge etc

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Wed Dec 5 15:25:36 UTC 2007

Jim Clatworthy wrote:
>> There's nothing like it in the G&B collection... although a
>> John Ridley composition comes closest!
>
> Is it true to B D K between M and W?

Is this really a meaningful question? Don't you need to take advantage
of the incidence of falseness here more precisely then just "between M
and W"? I'd be surprised if it were even possible to construct such a
144 cru three part, tenors together in course apart from sTsV that is
universally true to all of BDK between M and W. Certainly your own
composition doesn't appear to have this property. In fact I don't think
it's universally true to any of those three fch groups between M and W:

It contains the full plain course.
It contains between M and W some of the 24365 course, B falseness v pc.
It contains between M and W some of the 46253 course, D falseness v pc.
It contains between M and W some of the 53624 course, K falseness v pc.

Or is there some subtlety having to do with where the BDK falseness have
to be in an Uxbridge like method that I'm missing?

"A peal is just a load of sweat and blisters, but a Sotherans memorial
peal card is a comfort in your old age."
                                 -- Old Bailey, change-ringers archives