[r-t] Antelope

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Thu Dec 6 16:32:57 UTC 2007

Hi All

Just as well I read the whole lot of the last digest as I see Ben W has
answered Basil's question already. What Ben says is of course, quite
correct, but it is worth pointing out that I seem to recall that SBSP x 3 is
only true for Grandsire.

b.t.w., on 20th ult., Eddie Martin said "I have been told many times by Tony
Smith that there is no such thing
as New Grandsire, though I maintain that there is!"

This is not a new idea. The 1980 Doubles collection omits 'New' Grandsire,
Antelope, etc so it is safe to say that this concept was around at least
before 1977 - incubation of printed collections being as they then were. I
remember when I started ringing, the tower had a copy of the previous
Doubles collection (c1960?) and I wonder whether the 'New' methods were in
that.

If not, does anyone know when the concept was first aired. (I'm sure it's
right.). It's probably quite old

Robin.