[r-t] Summary falseness of royal methods

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Sat Feb 3 15:24:51 UTC 2007

When applying the well known false course head "group" letters to
royal methods some changes are needed, since the partitioning into
sets of related false course heads was designed for major. Well known
is that the in and out of course chunks that are always present
together in major need not be together in royal; and that some of the
in course chunks divide into two chunks which no longer have to appear
together.

Is it also true that some of the chunks that in major can appear
separately, in royal will always appear together? For example, is it
true that in royal the in course B (24365) and D (32546, 46253) chunks
will always appear together? If so, what other bits, potentially
separate in major, coalesce in royal?

I guess another way to ask this, is in royal there really is a
different partitioning into false course head groups than in major.
Closely related, but different. What is it?

And what happens at higher stages? It appears the in course B and D
are no longer coalesced there.

All this is, of course, assuming plain bob lead heads, usual symmetry,
and bells 7 and higher fixed.

--
Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org>, <dfm2 at cmu.edu>
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors and laugh