[r-t] FW: Spliced Surprise Major problem

Philip Earis Earisp at rsc.org
Mon Jan 8 16:28:19 UTC 2007

Even more fantastic - that's really great! I do think the cyclic
part-ends add a lot of elegance to the construction.

Following on from Richard Allton's comments, I would now also be most
interested to see a cyclic example with more than one treble-changing
single per part - I don't know if you found any examples whilst
producing the composition below? One which maximises changes of treble
could indeed be fun to ring!

My only other suggestion would be to match the musical analysis to the
structure of the composition. Leaving aside whatever one may think of
the relevant 'merits' of CRUs, with a cyclic composition I'd be much
more interested to maximise the 96 possible 'run' rows (xxxx5678,
xxxx8765, 5678xxxx, 8765xxxx) and cyclic rotations thereof.