[r-t] parity

Robin Woolley robin at robinw.org.uk
Mon Jun 25 14:31:45 UTC 2007

Hi all

Thanks Fred for pointing out the errors in my submissions. I did remember
between Sat. pm and Sunday a.m. about the last digit being always zero (if
rounds = 00000000) but didn't remember to change my previous example. (I did
ask for errors to be pointed out.)

Here's a thought. If the factorial index of rounds = 0000000, then if the
digit sum of the index is even, isn't the parity even and similarly, if odd,
odd? If so, the proof is obvious.

Fred gives these two examples: 231465 gives 110010 and 324156 gives 211000.

231465 is clearly odd parity with digit sum 3, and 324156 is therefore even
parity with digit sum 4.

Robin

PS. Who's the 'OP', Fred?