[r-t] FCH groups and asymmetric methods

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Mon Mar 5 16:14:36 UTC 2007

I believe (though am perhaps mistaken) that the partitioning of false
course heads into the usual groups (B, D, a, X, etc) depends both upon
them having Plain Bob lead ends and lead heads (though there are
isomorphisms to other sets of lead heads) and upon the method having
the usual palindromic symmetry. What happens when you still have Plain
Bob lead ends and lead heads, but don't have the usual symmetry.
Examples of such methods include Selenium Surprise Major and Eastern
Bob Major. Do the FCHs partition into more or fewer "groups" which
always appear together? Do these bear some relationship those of the
usual symmetric methods? Or something else entirely? Or am I mistaken
and the symmetry is irrelevant?

--
Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org>, <dfm2 at cmu.edu>
"Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed