[r-t] 8 bell cyclic callings

Ben Willetts ben at benjw.org.uk
Sat Nov 3 19:21:41 UTC 2007

On 20 August, Philip Earis wrote:
> Can somebody produce an exhaustive list of the different
> calling structures which would generate cyclic quarters?

I've kept meaning to generate these, and I've finally got round to it -- see
<http://benjw.org.uk/cgi-bin/cyclic.cgi>

My lists agree with Phil's lists of 2, 3 and 4 bobs, and I've also included
lists for 5 and 6 bobs.  (Unfortunately there are so many possibilities to
examine with 7 bobs that the server running the CGI script gives up after a
few thousand successful comps, so I can't go any higher.)

For those who can't be bothered to look:
2 calls - 2 comps (0 ending in rounds)
3 calls - 19 comps (14 ending in rounds)
4 calls - 66 comps (14 ending in rounds)
5 calls - 216 comps (7 ending in rounds)
6 calls - 2146 comps (532 ending in rounds)

Ben