[r-t] Separating method & peal rules

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sun Aug 3 21:07:27 UTC 2008

Philip wrote of Graham's suggestion about hiving off the method
classification rules:

> I do thing this could be potentially attractive.  The problem, though, is
> that Tony Smith's current view is the diametric opposite: he thinks we
> should have very strict rules regarding methods, and be absolutely adamant
> that peals have to be in "recognised methods".

I agree wholeheartedly with Graham's idea. Also I don't think we should
worry about Tony Smith's views in the slightest. He is absolutely wedded to
the status quo, and nothing we can do will change that. But eventually he's
not going to be in charge any more.