[r-t] Definition of a peal

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue Aug 5 12:26:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 4:04 AM, Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk> wrote:
> How about:
>
> A round block containing:
>
> a) a subset of the rows from only one extent at that stage
> b) all the rows from one or more extents at that stage
> c) a combination of a & b

Still to prescriptive, I think. What if I choose to change between
stages at a row other than rounds? I don't have a round block at
either stage.

Granted, such a construction is outlawed today, too. But it doesn't
seems like something that needs to be prohibited.

"That's one of the most wonderful things about music -- its ability
to say two or more things at once, to express ambiguity, conflict,
multiple emotional levels within one organic composition."
   -- David Shire, program notes to the score for _The Conversation_