[r-t] Anything Goes vs Peals Mean Something

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sun Aug 10 22:26:37 UTC 2008

RAS writes,

> Your proposal doesn't curtail what we can ring: it simply requires us to
> use a contrived description.  That has to be a bad thing.

No it doesn't - absolutely not. Nothing to stop it being described as one
thing and proved as another. The proof step just verifies that what is
described isn't actually a load of old false bollocks.

Simple example: a peal containing Singles and Triples. All fine if it proves
at the Triples stage. The description of the peal would list both Singles
and Triples methods.