[r-t] Proposed definition of a peal

Alex Hunt alex.hunt at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 11 19:05:04 UTC 2008

Richard Smith wrote:

Can we not just change

> The number of bells that are changing between some of the 
> rows is called the stage.


   The number of bells that change place between rows at any
   time during the piece of change ringing is called the

That seems to clarify what's meant.

Would it worth including a requirement for the same number of bells to ring in each row? It seems to me essential, that all bells ring throughout. The transition from say, Royal to Caters could be done by setting the treble and continuing to ring on the back nine bells.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://bellringers.net/pipermail/ringing-theory/attachments/20080811/a5e92f35/attachment-0004.html>

More information about the ringing-theory mailing list