[r-t] Big searches

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sat Jan 5 17:55:33 UTC 2008

Glenn Taylor writes,

> Remind me/us. What are you searching for?

Bristol Major - it's a block-linkage search with about 1300 changes of
pre-built blocks to be included in a peal-length composition, using
bobs-only, tenors-together courses.

The pre-built blocks cause quite a few nodes to be marked as false before
the search begins, especially as one block is tenors-split, but within the
search we're cps, hence the high node-rates. In times past I'd never have
considered such a high ratio of search to pre-built block length in a cps
method like Bristol (effectively I'm searching out to 3800 changes), but I
seem to have the power, so why not eh.