[r-t] Big searches

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Sun Jan 6 00:28:03 UTC 2008

Richard Grimmett wrote:
> MBD (about Don Morrison comp(s)):
>> It's certainly not in my search results, but Ringing Master tells me that
>> it's false, too. Might be worth checking that out!
>
> Could we be in a John Loveless moment?  (or hour)?

No, this is far worse. This wasn't just a few calls not where they should be, it
was the wrong darn method. These, while they come round, weren't even the right
length, and probably all had whole leads repeated.

"It was in its steeple that [the church] seemed most truly to find
itself, to affirm its individual and responsible existence. It was
the steeple that spoke for the church."    -- Marcel Proust, _À la
               recherche du temps perdu_, tr. C. K. Scott Moncrieff