[r-t] Grandsire Triples (was old methods)

Philip Earis Earisp at rsc.org
Wed Jul 16 12:27:34 UTC 2008

Eddie:
"Of course one can get a true 5040 of Grandsire triples without using singles - the judicious use of 5ths place bobs played against 3rds place bobs and 7ths place plain leads can break the q-set parity by linking two leads together instead of three"

Though on reflection this seems logical, I don't think I had seen any compositions like this before. Aquick look at Don's website shows two examples (below).  Have these both been rung before?

On a philosophical level I like these very much. I think this is because I really don't like to concept of a "single" in Grandsire being described as a call acting over two changes.  I think a call by definition can only act on a single row.

Of course, I wouldn't take the Woolley approach and try to "ban" conventional Grandsire, but I think compositions with "3.123" singles could be more consistently described (ie spliced).

5,040 Grandsire Triples
William Shipway
  234567
  532746  5
  735624  5
  467235  1
  354726  2
  753642  5
  657234  5
  426357  1
  324765  5
  653472  2
  376524  3
  453276  1
  764325  2
  537264  1
  235476  5
  432657  5
  634725  5
  256473  2
  452367  5
  734652  1
  637245  5
x 672345  4
  456237  2
5-part.
x is a bob made in 5ths place rather than 3rds place.

5,040 Grandsire Triples
Donald F Morrison (no. 2878)
234567  1  2  3  4  5
45623   x [-]           (5 leads)
52643      -  -         (4)
53246   x               (5)
42635   -           -   (7)
46532         x         (4)
65432            -      (4)
63425      x  x  x      (6)
423756        -         (5)
Repeat eight times, calling x for [-]
in parts 3, 6 and 9.
x = 5ths as the treble hunts from 2 to 1.

DISCLAIMER:

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the addressee only and may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material. It may not be relied upon or disclosed to any other person without the consent of the RSC. If you have received it in error, please contact us immediately. Any advice given by the RSC has been carefully formulated but is necessarily based on the information available, and the RSC cannot be held responsible for accuracy or completeness. In this respect, the RSC owes no duty of care and shall not be liable for any resulting damage or loss. The RSC acknowledges that a disclaimer cannot restrict liability at law for personal injury or death arising through a finding of negligence. The RSC does not warrant that its emails or attachments are Virus-free: Please rely on your own screening.