[r-t] New Grandsire [was Old methods]

Philip Earis Earisp at rsc.org
Fri Jul 18 14:32:32 UTC 2008

My lowest common denominator approach was "true permutations", by which
I mean each bells strikes once and only once in each row.

By and large you're talking about things that have nothing to do with
"Decisions".  There are no official rules at the moment on how to judge
striking competitions, and I certainly wouldn't propose introducing any.
People can ring in a syncopated way now if they like - you don't need to
add more rules specifying things like this.

Decisions on peals are different from decisions on methods. The
restrictions on methods are my main gripe.

Even under the current decisions you can be ringing peals that wouldn't
contravene the letter of any Decisions, but which go against their
spirit - there's no point trying to legislate for every eventuality.
People know the accepted spirit here.