[r-t] New Grandsire [was Old methods]

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 15:55:45 UTC 2008

Even by April 1953 (RW p.221 adapted from E. Hims) when Dick Speed's 13280
Cambridge Major was published,  he felt obliged to comment:

"This, as far as I know, is the longest peal so far obtained in this method.

I believe this is the first example of a long length of Surprise Major being
obtained by the use of singles.
The use of singles is objectionable but I think that in this particular case
it is impossible to achieve this length without their use."
It was a 5 part with two singles in each part.
Eddie Martin