[r-t] Register of non-conforming peals

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Sat Jul 19 19:54:28 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Graham John <graham at changeringing.co.uk> wrote:
> Don wrote:
>
>> I think it would be wonderful if some kind, enterprising
>> soul undertook to collect details of all non-conforming peals
>> that have been rung over the years and published them somewhere on the
> web.
>
> Why reinvent the wheel? Perhaps Andrew Craddock would be happy to put any
> that are missing on pealbase and provide an index with the reasons.

That would be nice. Recent correspondence with him on a related matter
makes it seem unlikely that he would be interested, but perhaps if he
is following this whole discussion he may have a change of heart.

Andrew?

I'm CCing Andrew on this since this list is configured such that I
can't see whether or not he subscribes to it. Andrew, if you don't,
you might want to look through the archives of the last couple of days
at

 http://www.bellringers.net/pipermail/ringing-theory_bellringers.net/

I don't know whether or not you'll need to subscribed to gain access
to them, though if you do it should be obvious how to, and painlesss.

"In proportion as society grew more corrupt, notions of
morality became increasingly refined."
           -- Marcel Proust, _À la recherche du temps perdu_,
              tr. C. K. Scott Moncrieff