[r-t] Extension question

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 20:05:13 UTC 2008

2008/7/24 Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org>:

> I'm afraid however many times I look at the Decision on method
> extension I can never really get my head around it. I just don't
> have proper model of what it's trying to do; to me it ends up being
> just a bunch of nearly inscrutable tables.

Method extension is an old chestnut that re-imerges on average at least once
per decade & is never totally satisfactory I really don't see how it can be
For example, Using any previous set of decisions definitions erc, how would
you extend Scientific Triples to Caters? I think that an answer might
involve having to retain a structure of 30 rows which in my opinion could
not be an extension of the principle behind Scientific Triples or Martin's
for that matter!!

Eddie Martin