[r-t] Composition database

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Wed Sep 3 21:01:18 UTC 2008

Graham wrote,

> A composition database and software for input and interrogation has been
> long been needed.

Absolutely so. A difficult job, I think, but one well worth attempting.

Now I've been wondering about this. I've got a stand at the roadshow where I
am planning to demo some of my software, for example Elf and Stedman
Pricker. It's struck me that I could show off SMC32 if there are any pliable
conductor/composers in the vicinity, and maybe sign a few names up.

Should we start charging for it? The money could be put towards development
of the composition database. A few funds can't hinder - pay for hosting or
whatever. I thought perhaps £40 a copy. What do you think Graham? What does
anyone think?

(I won't be able to actually sell anything at the roadshow, but I can take
names of interested parties).