[r-t] Double Surprise Major Methods

Philip Saddleton pabs at cantab.net
Mon Sep 8 18:03:01 UTC 2008

James Hustler said  on 08/09/2008 12:31:
> I think they were all part of a 23 spliced PABS creation (or was that
> a 46 half lead spliced creation) back in the 80's

5152 Spliced Surprise Major (23 Methods)
Philip A B Saddleton 1985 p444
  12345678 Premier
  ________
- 32546871 Ancient Druids
- 17842635 Blue Boar
  65437281 Double Dublin
  15634278 Free Press
  46758321 Granta
  14768523 Sir Isaac Newton
- 53628741 Gemini
  17243856 Ashtead
  48762531 Stanton
- 18472635 Jolly Millers
  48273651 Maypole
  12345867 Rhadegund
  87462531 Zebra
  14283756 Lancashire
  24385761 Superlative
- 16784523 Live and Let Live
  85637241 Old Spring
  12345786 Spade and Beckett
  24375681 Hat and Feathers
  17462835 Elm Tree
  76482531 Dewdrop
  15836274 Jug and Firkin
- 32547681
  ________
14 part. All the work. 224 each method. 161 com
at half lead, 160 com at lead head, 33 cru's.

I had to include methods with 7th's made when the treble was not at the
back, but these were chosen so that it was always a non-coursing pair,
so no 87s at back in the plain course.

> No wishing to query Phil E's claim of 43 thousand too much I thought
> the number was lower than that (possibly more restrictive criteria). I
> generated a list on an old 486 many years ago but the data died with
> the hard drive. I bow to Phil's more recent data

I make it 6204 with pblhs and no more than two consecutive blows.

--
Regards
Philip