[r-t] multi-peal extent of major

Glenn Taylor gaataylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 8 18:00:32 UTC 2009

----------
> Is there a row of caters that has never been rung?

I think we did this on r-c a long time ago, though it was approached
from a different direction.  I recall that the answer was that it was
extremely likely.  I would not like to mix it with all you
mathematicians, though.
----------

I asked (or responded to?) the same question a few years ago with respect to
cinques. The conclusion was 'yes' based upon the minimum number of peals
necessary exceeding the total number of peals of cinques rung. The answer is
not so clear cut for caters with the theoretical minimum number of peals
needed for the extent being around 70. Each peal *actually* rung to date
will undoubtedly contain many of the same courses/rows but the possibility
of an unrung row remains possible.

A related footnote opportunity is "This course-end now rung for the first
time".

Glenn