[r-t] New plan

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Tue Dec 29 00:32:12 UTC 2009

I wholehartedly agree with everything Mark says here.  Two little things
to add:

- re 2, to my taste at least, _completely_ mixing up all the types of
music might also be a bad thing.  It's nice when you have a block that
concentrates on one type of music for a while (perhaps with pthers thrown
in) - the band notices it more, and get to repeatedly practice striking
that type of run/whatever.  As in any type of music, or art for that
matter, you want the right mix of predictability and unpredictability.

One thing I was wondering was: in some domain where a complete search is
possible, formulate some precise score function based on 1 & 2, and just
try maximising that...