[r-t] Ben Constant's Yorkshire Royal

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Wed Jan 14 14:12:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:
> 2. The next level is invariance by symmetry. If the calling of a composition
> is the rotation or reversal of another, then it is a variation. This is not
> the case with your example, either (the methods are different, and the
> methods are part of the calling).

How do you handle the case of the amusing 5,090 of Cambridge that was
the subject of extended discussion in the RW some years ago, and that
I always send up as

  Comp. Brian Price and/or Andrew Tyler

"We had spent a day rapt with wonder watching the mountain
gorillas, and being particularly moved at how human
they seemed.... To find afterward that a couple of hours
spent with actual humans was merely irritating was a bit
confusing."         -- Douglas Adams, _Last Chance to See_