[r-t] Ben Constant's Yorkshire Royal

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 08:13:30 UTC 2009

So much for logic I suppose :-)
The idea that all possible comps & methods have been around at least
since the Big Bang and are not invented but merely discovered,  is
really quite old. I was just reading of Fred Dexter's comments over
what people had said regarding his No 2 Variation of Thurstans's and
the apparently same but older work by Washbrook
FD pointed out that he had never sought nor yet received any
royalties, and every time the thing was rung, the popular choice had
been to call it Dexter's. Since he had produced some half dozen
singles variations (not so many as Pladdys) nobody actually accused
him of plagiarism.

Eddie Martin