[r-t] Ben Constant's Yorkshire Royal

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Fri Jan 16 22:45:41 UTC 2009

Andrew Johnson writes,

> There are a lot of magic block peals.

Ah! I see where some confusion may have arisen. I wasn't talking about
peal lengths - just bobs-only compositions of any length. There would be a
very large number of those, and far fewer blank pages. In fact, the blank
pages would more often arise because, given prefixes Ap and A- on two
successive pages, it would often turn out that A is a true touch, and so you
only want to display it on one of these two pages.

I know my website is no help in finding bobs-only peals - well it is a small
help, but you would be looking for the needle in a haystack - but I was
trying to demonstrate that *all* compositions are "out there already" if you
think about it in the right (or maybe wrong) way.

(Yes you could do a similar website that only showed the peal lengths, but
then the blank page issue probably becomes a bit thornier, as I now realise
pabs was alluding to).