[r-t] Definition of Surprise [was Proportion of Surprise Methods]

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sat Mar 21 23:26:29 UTC 2009

It's a great idea Philip. But, you know, round here some people only ring
Surprise. Think what you would do to them if you changed the rules and
turned some of their favourite Surprise methods into Delight. They'd be
gutted! Positively eviscerated! Disemboweled!

Why, only the other day I checked a peal with the footnote "35th Surprise
Major alphabet for the G&B: 5". I don't even want to start thinking about
what it would mean to the glorious history of our Association if that total
was brought into doubt!

;-O