[r-t] Muppet Show S Major

Philip Earis Earisp at rsc.org
Thu Mar 5 14:10:49 UTC 2009

"So how about a TD Royal or Maximus method that gives lots of 6-bell runs in the corresponding course (the one with all bells coursing in order)?"

That would be lovely.  Get to work!

Something vaguely analogous is the use of the method Amalthea Little Alliance in the Pipe 12-part cyclic maximus composition.  This gets the bells into mega-tittums (ie all bells coursing in order), exploits the tittums music in plain bob, and then produces beautiful and unexpected run music in Amalthea.

                      1234567890ET
Io LA                 142638507T9E
Chaldene LA           13527496E8T0
Leda LA               1648203T5E79
Callisto LA           157392E4T608
Europa LTP            18604T2E3957
Europa LTP            1795E3T20486
Callisto LA           108T6E492735
Leda LA               19E7T5038264
Chaldene LA           1T0E89674523
Io LA          10 bob 1ET907856423
Plain B        18 bob 1ET907862534
Plain B        16 bob 1ET908273645
Amalthea LA    14 bob 1ET029384756
Amalthea LA           1T2E30495867
Ganymede Diff  12 bob 8907E6T54123
Amalthea LA    14 bob 890ET7162534
Amalthea LA    16 bob 890ET1273645
Plain B        18 bob 890ET1234756
Plain B        10 bob 890ET1234567
12-part

Amalthea Little Alliance
	1ET029384756
5T 	E10T23948576
14 	E01T32495867
70 	0ET123459876
9T 	E01T32549786
x 	0ET123457968
49 	0TE132547698
x 	T01E23456789
1236 	T012E3547698
5T 	0T21E5374968
16 	02TE1s739486
5T 	20ET17593846
1e12

The relevant leads from the first part are below.  They're the crowning glory of rung maximus leads in three centuries of 12-bell ringing...

		    1ET908273645
          am    E19T02837465
                E91T20384756
                9ET102348765