[r-t] Proportion of Surprise Methods

Alexander Holroyd holroyd at math.ubc.ca
Fri Mar 20 14:28:06 UTC 2009

Very interesting point, Richard.  But are you sure?

According to C1 your method has two principal hunts (and their definition
does not depend on the rotation).  Therefore according to C2, "cross
section" and "Surprise" etc are defined with respect to _both_ principal
hunts.  It's not quite clear what this means for "cross section" (B1d),
but I guess it is a change where both principal hunts pass from one
dodging position to another.  So then there is no problem (except I'm not
sure what "dodging position" means in general).

Personally I still think the Surprise / Delight / TB is rather a waste of
time though!

Ander