[r-t] Proportion of Surprise Methods

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Tue Mar 24 13:37:19 UTC 2009

2009/3/24 Robin Woolley <robin at robinw.org.uk>:
> Thinking more about Richard's asymmetric example, I'd apply the
> Shrodinger's Cat principle - which is rung first is the 'class'.
> (Call this a legal fiction if you like, like 'Benefit of Clergy').

That would only be necessary if the Decisions were changed, though,
wouldn't it? As of the current ones that example is a delight method,
however it's rotated, right? Or am I missing something?

"One of the more peculiar things that has happened to me is
that as a result of an idea I had as a penniless hitchhiker
sleeping in fields and telephone boxes, publishers now send
me around the world on expensive author tours and put me
up in the sort of hotel room where you have to open several
doors before you find the bed."
                     -- Douglas Adams, _Last Chance to See_