[r-t] Proportion of Surprise Methods

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Mar 27 18:00:25 UTC 2009

2009/3/27 Alexander Holroyd <holroyd at math.ubc.ca>:
> Or, if you don't like having _every_ bell a hunt bell, you can have
> e.g. a course of plain bob with a 6ths place bob at home.

Doesn't that have the 7 as a secondary hunt, too, which is not what
was wanted? In fact, if you want only two hunt bells, you'll need to
modify Plain Bob with some flavor of single instead of bob, right? How
about Plain Bob with a 1238 single every time the tenor makes seconds,
giving a six lead plain course? That could should be able to generate
the extent without disturbing the paths of either hunt bell, right?
Though I'm guessing you might need calls at other than lead ends to do
it.

"Nobody minds having what is too good for them."
                                    -- Jane Austen, _Mansfield Park_