[r-t] Bounces (relax)

John Camp camp at bellringers.org
Tue Mar 31 12:41:00 UTC 2009

At 13:05 on Tuesday 31 March 2009, Admin wrote:

> Potential disaster!  The hosting service which I use for these lists
> has decided (without telling its customers) to restrict the number of
> outgoing mails from the server to 1000 an hour per domain.  With 600
> subscribers per list, it doesn't take too long to clock this up.  Two
> messages, in fact.

> I'm negotiating with the hosting company, but meanwhile please
> understand if there are problems.  It would help if people could
> restrict sending messages to a minimum until further notice (which I
> hope will be soon).

Message from hosting company:

"Apologies, this limit has now been removed.  The "number of message
per hour" limits are generally in place to protect any older hardware
that is currently on track to be replaced with newer systems and as
such a limit of 1000 emails per hour is an oversight and unnecessary
on the system currently hosting your account."

So back to normal.

JEC