[r-t] 8-spliced touch

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Sun Oct 25 14:45:14 UTC 2009

> I assume that you meant "Great method imbalance", since you have only one
>  lead of Rutland, Lincolnshire and Pudsey.

Your assumption is incorrect.  A nutritionally well-balanced meal doesn't
imply equal quantities of all nutrients. It implies appropriate
quantities.

Similarly, a great method balance does not imply equal quantities of all
methods. It depends on what the methods are, and what they allow you to
achieve.  In the classic Pipe cyclic 6 maximus composition, changing
things to increase the quantity of the link method would not "improve the
balance".

> If you are going to include only one lead of Lincolnshire, 16245837 is
> best - for the half lead 345678s off the front.

But to get there would remove all of then goodies in the existing
composition! I fear we're in a state of mutual incomprehension :-)