[r-t] The most uninteresting peal composition?

Robert Bennett r.h.bennett at paradise.net.nz
Wed Apr 21 11:13:54 UTC 2010

The following composition, which I composed in 1998, should be a contender for the most uninteresting peal composition of all time, or at least of Cambridge Major:
I haven't seen it in any book, but the idea is fairly obvious and may well have occurred to someone else before.
5058 Cambridge S. Major
Robert H. Bennett.
* = sixths place bob;
- = normal bob,
s= single.

 23456 WH
 42635     *
 64523     *
 56423     -
 45623     -
 64352     *
 36245     *
 23645     -
 62345     -
 36524     *
 53462     *
 45236     *
 24536     -
 52643     *
 65324     *
 36452     *
 43652     -
 64235     *
 26543     *
 52364     *
 35264     -
 23564     -
 52436     *
(32456)s           rounds at snap lead after W.

I don't believe it possible to have a peal of Cambridge like this but with only the calls at home.
There is a similar one that goes M,B, followed by a similar string of calls at home.
It could be argued that if a composition was the most boring one known, that would itself be a point of interest.