[r-t] 23-spliced TB major

King, Peter R peter.king at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Apr 30 10:31:22 UTC 2010

Yes it is the one regret I have about the composition. When I composed it I just used a, b c etc for the methods in order. For some strange reason that escapes me now I liked the M type methods and kept them. I certainly liked the idea of having one place bell in the entire peal to be completely trivial (2nds place Blue Nile) - but I am sure there are plenty of unrung methods that would have fit the bill. However, having got people to start learnign the methods to change and rename everything would have been too much to ask (to be honest I was never sure that anyone was going to be daft enough to ring the peal).

The rationale behind the naming was that at the time most rung TB methods were either the usual place names or things like Wonderful. These methods are certainly not "wonderful" although I've grown to quite like some of them now. Hence the use of names that were somewhat more descriptive. I did look through a dictionary of unpronouncable words which seemed to have no vowels, or had too many, just so the conductor had something else to think about - but that was probably best avoided!

Peter