[r-t] 23-spliced TB major

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Fri Apr 30 20:56:43 UTC 2010

Philip writes,

> Peake's plain major series- I'd be interested to see the composition for these.

Here's the 400, from the G&B archives:

5435
5890 Spliced Plain Major - 400 Methods
16 changes each Aberford, Ablington, Aceton, Akeman, Alburgh, Alderbury,
Alderton, All Cannings, Alton Barnes, Alvediston, Amberley, Ampney,
Andoversford, Anna Valley, Arlington, Arrenmore, Ashbourne College,
Ashton, Atworth, Avebury, Axford, Ayr, Barbury Castle, Baulking,
Bentley, Beretun, Berwick Bassett, Berwick St.John, Bibury, Bishopsdale,
Blackley, Broome, Broome Hill, Bulkington, Burnham, Bushton, Cadley,
Calne, Cambridge Court, Canterbury, Castle Combe, Chepstow, Cheswardine,
Chicklade, Chilbolton, Childwall, Chilton, Chitterne, Christleton,
Clanfield, Cleatham, Clevancy, Coate, Coleford, Colville, Covingham,
Crayford College, Croesoswallt, Crofton, Debenham Court, Derry Park,
Devizes, Dewsbury, Dixton, Donhead, Double Bob, Double Oxford, Drayton,
Dublin Court, Ducis, Dunbar, Dunkirk Beaches, Durbridge, Durnford,
Durrington, Durston, Earlham, Earlstoke, East Coulston, East Court,
Easterton, Eastleach, Easton Royal, Eastwell, Ebrington, Edge, Edmonton,
Elcombe Hall, Eldene, Elmore Imperial, Enderby, Engine Common, Epsom,
Ermin, Everlee, Ewen, Eynsham, Faringdon, Farndon, Fiddlers Hill,
Fielden, Fishponds, Fishwick, Fovant, Fulbeck, Gadebridge, Gloucester,
Goatacre, Greenmeadow, Grove, Gussage, Hackington, Hale, Hamble,
Hedingham, Hereford, Hernhill, Hethersett, Heytesbury, Highbury, Hodson,
Holland, Hook, Horton, Ibstock, Icknield, Idmiston Manor, Imberton,
Inchbrook, Innsworth, Ipswich, Irchester, Iron Acton, Islip, Itchen
Abbas, Itchen Stoke, Joys Green, Kellaways, Kilmeston, Kingsdown,
Kingston Lisle, Kingsway, Lambourn, Langford, Larkhill, Latton, Lavenham
Court, Lea, Letcombe, Liden, Liscard, Llandaff, Lockeridge, Longcot,
Longney, Ludwell, Malmesbury, Mannington, Marden, Marston Meysey,
Melksham, Membury, Mere, Minehead, Minstead, Mogador, Moredon, Nantmel,
Netherstreet, Nettleton, Nevern, New London Court, Newbury, Newton
Stacey, Nomansland, Nonesuch, Noontide, Northleach, Nowhere, Nupend,
Nursling, Nythe, Oade, Oakhill, Oare, Odcombe, Odstock, Offa, Ogbourne,
Ogden, Old Sarum, Old Town, Oldham, Olveston, Orcheston, Owens College,
Owlpen, Oxenwood, Oxfordshire, Oxhill, Painswick College, Parbrook,
Pavenhill, Penarth, Plain Bob, Pleasely, Porton Down, Prestbury,
Preston, Pulford, Purton, Quedgeley, Queen Imperial, Radcot, Randwick,
Redlynch, Regina, Reverse Bob, Richmond, Ripon, Risca, Rockley,
Rodborough, Romsey Court, Roundway, Rowdehill, Ruardean, Rushall, Rushey
Platt, Rutherford, Ruthin, Salisbury, Salthrop, Sarsten, Sarum, Sawston
Imperial, Scholfield, Sea Mills, Sedbergh, Seend, Selsey, Semington,
Shalbourne, Shaw, Sherston, Shipway Court, Silbury, Silbury Hill, Single
Coslany Court, Single Oxford, Snapwick, Snettisham, Southdown,
St.Francis, St.Lawrence, St.Clements College, Steeple Ashton, Stibb
Green, Stonehenge, Stonehouse, Stratton, Stroud, Studley, Sutton
Mandeville, Sutton Veny, Swindon, Taits Hill, Tamar, Taunton Court,
Teffont Magna, Tetbury, Thamesdown, Thatcham, Thickwood, Thornhill,
Thurso, Tidworth, Tilehead, Tirley Manor, Tockenham, Tolleshunt D'Arcy,
Toothill, Uffington Hill, Upavon, Upham, Uplands, Upton Lovell,
Urchless, Vauxhall, Ventnor, Vernham Dean, Viney Hill, Walcot,
Warminster, Warminton, Warnham, Wavertree, Westminster, Whittonditch,
Wilsford, Windsor, Wrington, Wyke, Wylye, Wymondham, Xavier, Yarnton,
Yarrow, Yatesbury, Yuletide, Zeals;
and the following Little methods: 12 changes each Alvescot, Athelstan,
Aust, Avonmouth, Briery, Cheverell Parva, Daglingworth, East Knoyle,
Etchilhampton, Filkins, Foxbridge, Gainsborough, Gomeldon, Hastings,
Hawthorn, Haydon Wick, Ibrox, Idstone, Ilminster, Inglesham, Kemble,
Little London, Luckington, Ludgershall, Lyneham, Marten, Montgomery,
Newton St.Loe, Newton Toney, Nine Elms, Okeford, Overtown, Pewsey,
Portland, Ramsbury, Ratfyn, Roughmoor, Rudge, Scratchbury, Sedghill,
Stanton Fitzwarren, Stichcombe, Stradbrook, Swanage, Tydd, Uffcott,
Victoria, Wellington, Wheathampstead, Yeovil; 10 changes each Ansford,
Dauntsey, Eaton Hastings, Esslemont, Ettington, Hingham, Ickham,
Littlecote, Norfolk, Norwich, Nunney, Tryon, Tunstead, Upper Snodshill,
Yelvertoft, Zennor; 8 changes each Cambray, Crayford, Driftwood, Exton,
Gorse Hill, Isis, Lansdowne, Little Bob, Little Yate, St. Lawrence,
Stert, Tarlton; 6 changes each Avon, Cawston, Cold Ash, Jackbury,
Oakridge Lynch, Rodbourne Cheney, Stirling; 4 changes each Bastow,
Braydon, Kent, Windsor; 399 changes of method.

  2345678 Cheswardine,
  6482735 Ogden,
  7856342 Nettleton,
  8674523 Newton Stacey,
  5738264 Ewen-,
-2357486 Croesoswallt,
  8674352 Taits Hill,
  5243678 Selsey,
  7836245 Sedbergh,
  3728564 Uplands,
  4562837 Viney Hill,
  5684723 Itchen Abbas,
  6452837 Walcot,
  4263578 Sarum,
  2347685 Berwick Bassett,
  3728456 Moredon,
  7835264 Membury,
  3728645 Montgomery Little,
  6253478 Covingham,
  4586723 Hale-,
-6237584 Anna Valley,
  7824653 Islip,
  4583762 Victoria Little,
  2768345 Gloucester,
  8475236 Shipway Court,
  5346827 Thurso-,
-3627584 Ayr,
  6738245 Ruthin-,
-5236478 Barbury Castle,
  6728543 Aust Little,
  7864235 Durston,
  4385726 Ludwell,
  8473265 Yelvertoft Little,
  4386752 Joys Green,
  2758643 Oxenwood,
  3645827 Bentley,
  7824536 Stonehenge%,
s6352478 Swanage Little,
  3267584 Portland Little,
  2738645 Ibrox Little,
  7824356 Newton St.Loe Lit,
  8475263 Newton Toney Litt,
  4586732 Avon Little,
  5342678 Chilbolton,
  2738564 Hastings Little,
  6485732 Single Coslany Ct,
  3257486 Nevern,
  8674253 Sawston Imperial,
  7826345 Stirling Little,
  2738456 Tunstead Little,
  5684732 Avonmouth Little-,
-5643827 Penarth%,
s6532478 Dunbar-,
-6527384 Rudge Little,
  5768243 Earlham,
  7854632 Alvediston-,
-2657384 Marden-,
-3526478 Donhead,
  2345867 Odstock,
  4283756 Litt London Litt-,
-2356478 Porton Down,
  4582736 Kent Little,
  8475623 Hethersett,
  7864352 Upavon,
  8572436 Nunney Little,
  7845623 Yeovil Little,
  5283764 Stert Little,
  3624578

  3624578 Yuletide,
  4768352 Letcombe-,
-3647285 Yarrow%,
s4236578 Fiddlers Hill,
  3452867 Idstone Little,
  5384726 Rodbourne Cheney L
  8573264 Salthrop,
  6432578 Tarlton Little,
  4768253 Single Oxford,
  5382764 Upper Snodshill L,
  8573642 Marston Meysey%,
s4326578 Silbury,
  2453867 Irchester,
  5284736 Tolleshunt D'Arcy,
  8572643 Dauntsey Little,
  7865324 Okeford Little,
  6738452 Wilsford-,
-4367285 Netherstreet,
  6423578 Goatacre,
  3748652 Odcombe,
  8572364 Oakhill,
  2654837 Ducis,
  6582743 Wylye,
  5264837 Canterbury,
  2453678 Studley,
  4327586 Hook,
  3748265 Eynsham,
  7836452 Elcombe Hall,
  3748526 Purton,
  6524837 Farndon,
  2685743 Lockeridge-,
-5437682 Old Town,
  8276435 Crofton,
  2683754 Kellaways,
  3564278 Bushton,
  7842563 Edge,
  6325847 Axford,
  4758326 Stichcombe Litt-,
-3547682 Thornhill-,
-6435278 Clevancy,
  8273564 Hackington,
  3624857 Atworth,
  7852436 Tockenham-,
-6457382 Tilehead,
  4768523 East Court,
  7842635 Rodborough,
  8273456 Baulking,
  2385764 Oade,
  3526847 Xavier,
  5634278 Aceton-,
-5647382 Jackbury Little,
  6758423 Queen Imperial-,
-4567382 Scholfield-,
-3645278 Risca,
  4326857 Engine Common,
  2483765 Fishponds-,
-4365278 Fielden,
  6423857 Uffcott Little,
  2684735 Shaw-,
-7826543 Ablington,
  6483752 Longcot,
  3542678 Marten Little,
  2758364 Yatesbury,
  8674235 Thickwood,
  4365827 Hodson-,
-3527486 Stibb Green-,
-4235678

-4235678 St.Francis,
  6384725 Wavertree,
  7856234 Innsworth,
  8673542 Littlecote Little,
  5728463 Dixton-,
-4257386 Owlpen,
  8673254 Nupend,
  5432678 Chilton,
  7826435 Hernhill,
  2748563 Amberley,
  3564827 Vernham Dean,
  5683742 Itchen Stoke,
  6354827 Derry Park,
  3462578 Old Sarum,
  4237685 Berwick St.John,
  2748356 Kingsdown,
  7825463 Zennor Little,
  2748635 Lansdowne Little,
  6452378 Hamble,
  3586742 Ashton-,
-6427583 Nomansland,
  7843652 Debenham Court,
  3582764 Taunton Court,
  4768235 Ruardean,
  8375426 Iron Acton,
  5236847 Castle Combe-,
-2647583 Kemble Little,
  6728435 Sherston-,
-5426378 Mogador,
  6748532 Ibstock,
  7863425 Durbridge,
  3285746 Lea,
  8372465 Tydd Little,
  3286754 Inchbrook,
  4758632 Chicklade,
  2635847 Holland,
  7843526 Warminton%,
s6254378 Stradbrook Little,
  2467583 Pewsey Little,
  4728635 Ramsbury Little,
  7843256 Ilminster Little,
  8375462 Norfolk Little,
  3586724 Gorse Hill Little,
  5234678 Steeple Ashton,
  4728563 Upton Lovell,
  6385724 Melksham,
  2457386 Mere,
  8673452 Earlstoke,
  7846235 Ratfyn Little,
  4728356 Devizes,
  5683724 Etchilhampton Lt-,
-5632847 Cheverell Parv L%,
s6524378 Sutton Mandevill-,
-6547283 Hawthorn Little,
  5768432 Esslemont Little,
  7853624 Whittonditch-,
-4657283 Nowhere-,
-2546378 Snapwick,
  4235867 Olveston,
  3482756 St.Lawrence Litt-,
-4256378 Sea Mills,
  3584726 Windsor Little,
  8375642 Arrenmore,
  7863254 Nursling,
  8574326 Aberford,
  7835642 Greenmeadow,
  5482763 Exton Little,
  2643578

  2643578 Teffont Magna,
  3768254 Imberton-,
-2637485 Minstead%,
s3426578 Childwall,
  2354867 Haydon Wick Litt,
  5283746 Ickham Little,
  8572463 Latton,
  6324578 Driftwood Little,
  3768452 Radcot,
  5284763 Eaton Hastings Lt,
  8572634 Nonesuch%,
s3246578 Chitterne,
  4352867 Oxhill,
  5483726 Blackley,
  8574632 Luckington Little,
  7865243 Ettington Little,
  6728354 Rushall-,
-3267485 Shalbourne,
  6342578 Pavenhill,
  2738654 Alderbury,
  8574263 Durnford,
  4653827 Larkhill,
  6584732 Oare,
  5463827 Cleatham,
  4352678 Horton,
  3247586 All Cannings,
  2738465 Roundway,
  7826354 Dunkirk Beaches,
  2738546 Cambray Little,
  6543827 Hedingham,
  4685732 Easterton-,
-5327684 Eastwell,
  8476325 Semington,
  4682753 East Coulston,
  2563478 Seend,
  7834562 Warnham,
  6245837 Idmiston Manor,
  3758246 Scratchbury Litt-,
-2537684 Heytesbury-,
-6325478 Bulkington,
  8472563 Fulbeck,
  2643857 Redlynch,
  7854326 Alton Barnes-,
-6357284 Gadebridge,
  3768542 Easton Royal,
  7834625 Beretun,
  8472356 Uffington Hill,
  4285763 Lambourn,
  2546837 Kingston Lisle,
  5623478 Broome Hill-,
-5637284 Cold Ash Little,
  6758342 Westminster-,
-3567284 Wyke-,
-2635478 Parbrook,
  3246857 Gussage,
  4382765 Coleford-,
-3265478 Fishwick,
  6342857 Ludgershall Litt,
  4683725 Andoversford-,
-7846532 Cadley,
  6382754 Kilmeston,
  2534678 Coate,
  4758263 Rushey Platt,
  8673425 Upham,
  3265847 Mannington-,
-2547386 Burnham-,
-3425678

-3425678 Romsey Court,
  6283745 Crayford College,
  7856423 Bibury,
  8672534 Ansford Little,
  5748362 Tirley Manor-,
-3457286 Highbury,
  8672453 Cambridge Court,
  5324678 Snettisham,
  7846325 Alburgh,
  4738562 Ventnor,
  2563847 Ebrington,
  5682734 Tamar,
  6253847 Hereford,
  2364578 Salisbury,
  3427685 Preston,
  4738256 Minehead,
  7845362 Zeals,
  4738625 Little Bob,
  6354278 Fovant,
  2586734 Icknield-,
-6347582 Wellington Little,
  7832654 Lavenham Court,
  2584763 Orcheston,
  3768425 Nantmel,
  8275346 Epsom,
  5426837 Rowdehill-,
-4637582 Alderton,
  6748325 Tidworth-,
-5346278 Enderby,
  6738524 New London Court,
  7862345 Durrington,
  2485736 Sarsten,
  8274365 Llandaff,
  2486753 Ipswich,
  3758624 Vauxhall,
  4625837 Ashbourne College,
  7832546 Warminster%,
s6453278 Wheathampstead Lt,
  4367582 Akeman,
  3748625 Filkins Little,
  7832456 Foxbridge Little,
  8275364 Langford,
  2586743 East Knoyle Litt,
  5423678 Rockley,
  3748562 Silbury Hill,
  6285743 Grove,
  4357286 Offa,
  8672354 Bastow Little,
  7836425 Alvescot Little,
  3748256 Lyneham Little,
  5682743 Gomeldon Little-,
-5624837 Yarnton%,
s6543278 Bishopsdale-,
-6537482 Prestbury,
  5768324 Norwich Little,
  7852643 St.Lawrence-,
-3657482 Quedgeley-,
-4536278 Christleton,
  3425867 Owens College,
  2384756 Sedghill Little-,
-3456278 Calne,
  2583746 Braydon Little,
  8275634 Dublin Court,
  7862453 Urchless,
  8573246 Sutton Veny,
  7825634 Thamesdown,
  5384762 Little Yate Litt,
  4632578

  4632578 Ogbourne,
  2768453 Kingsway-,
-4627385 Pleasely%,
s2346578 Arlington,
  4253867 Daglingworth Litt,
  5482736 Oakridge Lynch Lt,
  8574362 Briery Little,
  3728654 Roughmoor Little,
  6243578 Isis Little,
  2768354 Ermin,
  5483762 Nine Elms Little,
  8574623 Stant Fitzwrn Lt%,
s2436578 Faringdon,
  3254867 Avebury,
  5382746 St.Clements Coll,
  8573624 Tryon Little,
  7865432 Hingham Little,
  6748253 Everlee-,
-2467385 Northleach,
  6234578 Liden,
  4728653 Elmore Imperial,
  8573462 Nythe,
  3652847 Dewsbury,
  6583724 Stroud,
  5362847 Reverse Bob,
  3254678 Southdown,
  2437586 Oldham,
  4728365 Rutherford,
  7846253 Toothill,
  4728536 Crayford Little,
  6532847 Colville,
  3685724 Chepstow-,
-5247683 Gainsborough Litt,
  8376245 Inglesham Little,
  3684752 Noontide,
  4562378 Stonehouse,
  7823564 Edmonton,
  6435827 Wymondham,
  2758436 Overtown Little-,
-4527683 Randwick-,
-6245378 Swindon,
  5728634 Richmond,
  8374562 Double Bob,
  4632857 Clanfield-,
-6257483 Longney,
  2768534 Thatcham,
  7823645 Wrington,
  8374256 Eldene,
  3485762 Plain Bob,
  4536827 Stratton,
  5642378 Broome-,
-5627483 Cawston Little,
  6758234 Double Oxford-,
-2567483 Ripon-,
-4625378 Drayton,
  2436857 Liscard,
  3284765 Oxfordshire-,
-2465378 Malmesbury,
  6234857 Athelstan Little,
  3682745 Painswick Coll-,
-7836524 Windsor,
  6284753 Regina,
  4523678 Tetbury,
  3758462 Newbury,
  8672345 Eastleach,
  2465837 Ampney-,
-4537286 Pulford-,
-2345678

Computer checked: TGP 15th Oct 1982; AJM 4th Dec 1991
First rung at Stratton St. Margaret, Wilts, on 3rd June 1983, conducted
by Anthony R Peake.

Should of course be 400 changes of method!