[r-t] Asymmetric Doubles

James Hustler mcwomble at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 20:29:12 UTC 2010

> Doubles ringing has the highest level of inconsistency in terminology of any
> stage, so I would tend to look whether the logic of a definition made sense
> for Triples and Caters before saying that it doesn't work for Doubles.
>
> Graham

I seem to recall reading an old book on doubles which stated something
along the lines of

pn 1 = omit
pn 123 = single
pn 145 = bob
pn 125 = extreme

One of said calls represented the plain course and the others were
perfectly viable as "calls" for a possible extent.

This is probably the inconsistency Graham mentioned.