[r-t] Standard 10 Surprise Major atw and comel

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Thu Dec 30 00:43:02 UTC 2010

In 1988, I had an objective of producing a tenors-together, bobs-only,
all-the-work composition of the standard 10 Surprise Major with a change of
method every lead. Despite

many hours of effort and results that were tantalisingly close to achieving
the objective, I abandoned the project. In the subsequent 20 years, I made
several attempts to complete it - getting as close as one place short of
all-the-work, or one lead with no change of method.

Following an email exchange with Andrew Graham in October, I revisited it
yet again, and for no obvious reason, on this occasion I found the missing
link. Andrew successfully called it at Jewry yesterday.

Graham

5024 10-Spliced Surprise Major (Standard 10)
by Graham A C John

23456  M  B  W  H

43526        2  -  LY,CGYP,R,

34625     -  -  2  PY,BFB,NRYGN,B,

56423  -        -  GNGP,GCGSY,

(24365) -     -     BLRG,FBFBR,

43265  3        2  GCG,PYSNL,F,RY,F,

52364  -        -  PNS,NL,

(52364)       3     FC,LRC,RSL,

65243  -  2     3  SLYC,FL,YL,SP,B,NCLNC,

63542     -  -  -  PS,FBF,GPGP,

46532        -     BN,B

25634  -     3  -  L,P,GNCN,F,SCS,

(45236)    -  -     YP,NCLY,

56234  -        2  GPN,YL,GL,

26435  -        3  R,SR,B,RSYPC,

65432  -        2  NPY,RC,B,

24536  -        -  L,RN,

35426  -  -     2  YSG,BFB,NG,SNRPC,

42356        -  -  LC,PYP,

23456  -  -  -  2  R,FR,FPNS,R,B,

Contains 576 Lincolnshire(N), Pudsey; 512 Glasgow, London, Rutland,
Yorkshire; 480 Bristol,
Cambridge; 448 Superlative; 416 Belfast(F); 156 com (every lead); atw; 57
crus.