[r-t] Stephen Ivin

Alan Barber delibaba at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Jan 9 18:08:55 UTC 2010

> He was indeed a very clever man.
>
> The 5088 is the only 3 part tenors together, bobs only, of normal peal
> length
> to contain 144cru's. (I exclude reversals, transpositions and the one moving
> a H to a W)
>
> A true classic.

Roddy

Although I called it to the first peal of Bristol I called I have not used it to Bristol again (I like the Plain Course!).  However I have found it a very useful composition to methods with a wider variety of falseness and that is the beauty of the composition.  Indeed Ian North's band used it to many methods.

Ali