[r-t] 23-spliced TB major

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Sat May 1 13:46:13 UTC 2010

>> All that's needed now is a composition

Don:
> 5,152 Spliced Treble Dodging Major (23 methods)

Wow. Just wow. I'm bowled over.

Was this product of simply(!) searching through all 23! arrangements of
methods? If so, did you cover the whole search space, how long did it
take, and how many compositions did you find? How many more methods could
be added before running out of computing resources?  And any chance of an
8-part composition?! Lots of questions.

It's interesting to see how the methods have very much a "random walk"
character. This is clearly what is expected, but the contrast to commonly
rung methods is striking.

So is anyone else keen to ring a peal of this? I'm currently up to three
ringers. It would be a great learning challenge...