[r-t] 23-spliced TB major

Andrew Graham ajgraham42 at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 08:17:48 UTC 2010

--- On Sun, 9/5/10, Wyld Family e-mail <wyld at waitrose.com> wrote:
Another candidate if you are looking for excitement is David Beard's arrangement of Stephen Ivin's 5088 Bristol Major for 159 Mx methods.  Like the 23 ATW treble bob mostly difficult methods and plenty of opportunities to mix up which line goes with which name.  It is also quite musical with 144 CRUs.

Wouldn't you just learn the line for the whole peal for this?  Thus removing any need to associate names with methods.

I rang a Tony Peake composition of 100-spliced Plain Cinques a few years ago and I had no idea what most of the method names actually were- I just rang the line I learned.

AJG