[r-t] 8 Spliced All the Work

edward martin edward.w.martin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 12:51:49 UTC 2010

On 20 September 2010 12:20, Stephen Penney <stephen at ucalegon.com> wrote:
> I'm aware of the compositions of the Standard Eight with "Plain Course"
> part ends, but is it possible to have an eight lead part of these methods
> with a cyclic part end?
>
> Percy

5,120 Spliced Surprise Major (8 methods)
Richard I Allton
  12345678 Rutland
  14263857 Cambridge
  13527486 Rutland
s 21436578 Yorkshire
  26748153 Pudsey
  28573614 Pudsey
  23154867 Superlative
  24617385 Cambridge
- 26785431 Yorkshire
- 27531648 Lincolnshire
  21458763 London
- 27514386 Rutland
  21735648 Superlative
- 27548163 Lincolnshire
- 25863714 Rutland
- 27658431 Superlative
  28361745 London
- 27683514 Bristol
- 28763514 Pudsey
- 27314856 Pudsey
- 23456781
Repeat seven times. s = 3456.  Contains 1,024 each Pudsey and Rutland;
768 Superlative; 512 each Cambridge, Lincolnshire, London and
Yorkshire; and 256 Bristol; with 143 changes of method and all the
work of every method for every bell, including the treble.
Rung at Warsop on 19th February 1997.
Published in The Ringing World (2000, page 424).

Eddie Martin