[r-t] Spliced (was Spliced Cinques & Max)

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Wed Sep 22 18:06:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Richard Smith <richard at ex-parrot.com> wrote:
> You can already call Cambridge with a mixture of 12, 14 and 1N leads a
> single method if you want,  But that method can't be Cambridge.  You could,
> perhaps, call it Ebor so that the 14 bobs are plains.

Thanks. This gives a suitably silly solution to the puzzle I posed
earlier today. That peal of not-officially-3-spliced would, it
appears, be officially recognized as one of 2-spliced: Superlative,
and the as yet unnamed method

    x3x4x5x6x2x3x4x7   le 4 [13578264]

the latter being rung with two different kinds of bobs.

Or, if you preferred, the unnamed method

  x3x4x5x6x2x3x4x7   le 6 [13527864]

rung with three different kinds of bobs, I suppose, and with no plain
leads appearing in the peal.

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job."                  -- Douglas Adams