[r-t] 147 TDMM

Simon Humphrey sh at keystrata.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 06:52:54 UTC 2010

RAS wrote:
[lots of interesting stuff including]

>The most common form a of a 5-lead splice is the course-splice where the
>five leads to be replaced form a course.  There are no non-course 5-lead
>splices using methods from the 147.

There are examples of non-course 5-lead splices amongst the "irregular"
non-Plain-Bob LE methods.
Perhaps not an interesting new splice in Anders' terms, but interesting
nonetheless.
I see from your subsequent email you're considering extending the search to
include irregular methods. I wonder if there are any other splices that
don't exist in the regular method domain.

[also]

> Unfortunately it is not possible to include both J and M variants in an
> extent (without also including other lead-end orders).

This is true only if the search is limited to round block extents.  A pair
of J and M methods can easily be arranged in a true and complete 720 that
doesn't come round.
Are there any other cases where non-round block 720s might be useful?
Would extending the search to include these be feasible?

SH