[r-t] 5042 Cambridge Maximus - avoiding a dodgy wrong

Robert Brown - Freeserve robert at rdsb.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 11:28:39 UTC 2011

I have been following the thread with interest as I am one that does not get overly excited by a mixture of 8 bells followed by 3456 at the end , tried it , listened to it and I reckon its over rated - on 8  - little bell 4 roll ups seem to work on 10 you need at least 5 bells and on 12 at lease six to make it worthwhile although I would except 23456's and 65432s are OK IMHO. Megum tittums is excellent first rang that in in the 70s in a peal of PB10 composed and conducted by the late great John Longridge,
for me the courses that are worth ringing are 3 courses of 567890ET 3 courses of 234567,s 3 courses of 765432's the 24365 course course with 5 - t coursing particualrly the mega tittums course, 65 courses are OK but dont overly rave about them.

clealry music is in the ear of the beholder, and muscal tastes change overtime in 20 years time there will be another trend and peopel will be wondering what all the excitement about LB4 roll ups was.

Just an opinion.

Regards

Robert