[r-t] (no subject)

Robert Lee rlee5040 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 09:01:39 UTC 2011

At Tue Dec 20 07:30:11, Robin Woolley wrote:

>Hi All,

>Following posts by Mike Ovenden and Richard Smith in mid June 2005, I have
>obtained, as the first four members of a set L: 123456, 125463, 134256,
>135264.

>It was stated that the whole of L must form a group and I note that we have
>two elements of order 3 and one of order 5. Must the entire group be of
>order 45? (It seems to simple!)

>Best wishes
>Robin Woolley

No, it's order 60.

As already stated the members of L are in course so the largest group is of order 60 (A5). It's
a straightforward exercise to generate all 12 members of A5 of the form 12**** from the four
members of L. The other 48 members follow from multiplication of these 12 members by
135264 and its cycles.

Rob