[r-t] Bristol Major Series Six

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sun Feb 13 11:28:30 UTC 2011

Throughout the latter half of 2010 I have been working on a further
extension of my "short-course" plan for Bristol Major. The results are
now available here:

<http://www.bronze-age.com/bristol/series6.html>

Series Six contains eight new compositions, all of them following the
"no duffers" principle of Series Five, but this time allowing musical
negative coursing orders. This has allowed me to insist on the full
complement of twenty courses in every arrangement, whilst maintaining or
even increasing music counts.

A good example is 5056 no.4, which has 140 LB4, 24 6578 and 72
5678/8765; this compares to 134, 20 and 72 for "The" 5056 no.1 from
Series Two, which needed nineteen courses to reach these figures. The
new peal achieves its higher totals with a mere 0.9 course-end calls per
course.

Another highlight from the new series is 5024 no.6, the "honey-roasted
cello peal", which not only maintains no-duffers for twenty courses, but
does so without any consecutive course-end calls. No other composition
is so smooth and sweet...

All arrangements are as yet unrung. Please let me know if you try one.