[r-t] Principles

Simon J. Gay Simon.Gay at glasgow.ac.uk
Tue Jul 5 22:06:03 UTC 2011

A point of terminology. Don's original question mentioned principles, but all of the examples we have discussed are differentials. I took it for granted that an answer to Don's question would be a differential, because in a principle the number of leads in a course is the same as the number of bells, all of the bells ring all of the place bells and therefore do the same work (which was Josy's argument, I think).

Ander's example is nice. It seems to have a winking-like character, doesn't it?

Simon